Thursday, June 28, 2012

The one "off the wall" thing you need for Disney.

When people ask me, "what is the ONE thing I need for Disney" my response always gets a weird look.

The answer: Ziploc Bags.

After you book your trip-make your dining reservations-you need to head to the dollar store and pick up a few boxes of Ziploc bags in different sizes.

Here is some of the things we use them for:

1) packing. I pack everything in ziplocs-the kids outfits/labled for what day&what park, our cool kits, socks/undi*es, autograph books, you name it...it gets packed in a ziploc.
cool off kits-personal fans-wash cloths-misting fans

2) Snacks: I buy a big box of goldfish or trailmix and then divide it out into single servings. ALSO-i pack all our single servings in 1 big ziploc.

3)Keeping valuables dry during water rides. I have our camera, phones, etc in a ziploc in my backpack. That way they don't get ruined if I need them.

4)Dirties: On rainy days at the park, socks get wet. I always have a fresh pair in our "extra clothes ziploc" so we take the wet ones off and stick them in the dirties sack.

5) Trash in the car: I keep one gallon size in the kids travel box for trash. That way its not all over the car.

6) LEFTOVERS: When you go to a meal and there is a muffin or apple or something left over that you can use for snack later....pull out an empty ziploc and store it! You have paid for that food (Either in Dining Plan Points or Cash) so use it later. **DISCLAIMER: DO NOT go to an all-you-care to eat and load up ziplocs from the buffet....Not cool.**

We are just 8 days from our trip! I am so excited to share with you all the fun details that have gone into our planning! -Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment