Saturday, May 1, 2010

Just a few more months

According to the ticker on THE BROADUS BUNCH BLOG, we are just a few short months away from Disney. I am starting to get excited again.

This years trip is going to be a bit on the different side. We are taking along Nana and PawPaw (my parents)

Now, my parents took us to Disney once when I was a child. It was a simple Disney vacation and we spent most of it at the hotel because I was hot and wanted to swim. (yes, I went all the way to disney to stay at the hotel pool)

Luckily, I got to experience Disney later in life so I learned the joys it has to offer.

So in the post I would like to share some of the things we will be doing, while traveling with the kiddos and the grands.

1)My dad has always had a thing for Cinderella. He use to joke when I was younger that the only person he would leave my mom for would be the one that has a fairy godmother, lives in a castle, can scrub a floor, and carry trays on her head. Well, that made me REALLY want to include a meal at the Castle for my dad. (and like I have said in past post...something to mark off my bucket list)

2) I am surprising my dad and Todd with a round of golf on 1 of the Disney Golf Courses. During this time, "us girls" will be having and adventure of our own! (it is a surprise because my moms friends read this and I don't want them to share :) )

3) Todd and I have arranged for my parents to have a romantic dinner for 2 (away from us!) They never go out to eat and have fun. I thought it would be a great way for them to enjoy each other (without mickey and minnie)

Our biggest concern for this trip was their ability to keep up with us (my parents lean a little toward the older side.) Before we booked we sat down and established a very important travel rule.

1) even though we are a group it is okay if we don't stick together.

My mom has had some skin cancer issues in the past and she doesn't like the sun. She will more than likely be experiencing the Disney morning and Night life.

I know when I have been to Disney in the past with groups, everyone has tried to stay together. I do believe in the buddy system but when you have a large group I think that breaking into smaller groups with the same likes works best. Make sure you have a meeting time and place before you split and always a way to communicate with the other groups in case of an emergency!

1 comment:

  1. You'll love Cinderella's Royal Table! We're skipping it this go-around but only because we'll be doing it every other time we take our child(ren) in the future! Also, I linked to your blog on my blog and my Disney one when answering a question from someone :) You have great insights!

    ReplyDelete