Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Day 1 of our trip to Disney

I am going to be laying out our basic day plans for Disney (day by day) to show you how I plan our trip.

We are following our same path as last year, but with new things added to it.

We leave on the 4th of July at 10:00pm at night. Todd sleeps all day so he can drive through the night. This lets the girls sleep and me rest. Todd and I switch places in Tallahassee.

We arrive at disney around 11:30 a.m. Last year, our room was ready when we arrived. I had called the Friday before and told them we would be there before 1 and we were driving through the night. They said they couldn't promise it would be ready, but that they would try. They tried, and succeeded! I hope we get as lucky this year!

Once we are in our room, we get settled and head to Epcot!

I love starting our trip here with the girls (at their age) because they aren't really interested in the World Showcases yet so they don't need a whole day. I can't wait until they do get interested though! It is one of my favorite parts.

While at Epcot we visit the Character Spot, We ride the Finding Nemo ride, and do Turtle Talk with Crush. We do walk around the world and find some of the characters they have there (this year our mission is to meet Mulan!!!)
We enjoy the atmosphere, stop in at the cokes from around the world center. Hop on Test Track (use that Child Swap!!!!)
Then we are having dinner in Norway at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall. This is a character dinner that is amazing! I have spoken about it before, my kids LOVE IT!

This year we are planning on staying for the newSOUNDS LIKE SUMMER music series that Epcot has going on while we are there the Satisfaction - The Rolling Stones Tribute Bandas will be playing!!!We will also be watching the laser/firework show, IllumiNations!
One of the greatest things about Disney is their frozen lemonade! Grab a cup before the show, find a great spot and get ready to be entertained!

After all that (are you tired yet?) We are going to head back to the hotel to put the girls (and the grands to bed!) I love to go for a swim before bed. We don't have a pool at home, so any chance I get to be in the pool I take! Last year, by night 3 Madyson was joining me on nightly swims!

Attire: Exploring the park, nemo (aubrie) mermaid (madyson) short set, white keds
Dinner: Princess Costumes

No snacks needed. QS @ Lotus Blossom Cafe (Sarah & Debbie) Liberty Inn (Todd & Johnny & Girls)
TS @ Norway Reservation # *************

Tomorrow: Day 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment