Monday, January 25, 2010

What to wear?! Baby Girls (because that is what I know!)

ok so this post was suppose to be about my Disney binder but I haven't had time to take pictures and it NEEDS pictures to go along with it so I am holding that one off until next time and this time talking about what to wear!

Now, I am a huge fan of dressing comfortable, everyone knows that. But I really am sad that my pictures as a child at disney were in high waisted shorts and swimsuit tops...seriously mom?!?!

So it is very important to me to make sure that the memories I have of Disney are seen through pictures. Some say this might sound silly but my girls loved our outfits this past summer and I have tons in store this year

1st thing) The Costume: Now....this is a staple for any 2-5 year old at Disney. Every little girl wants to be a princess and what a better place than Disney! Disney sells these amazing princess costumes and even has the Bibbity Boppity Boutique where you get transformed into a princesses! but if you are on a budget you can head over to your local Wal-Mart or Target and pick out one and no, it doesn't have to be a Disney princess costume. Any princess costume/pretty dress will do! For boys, Disney offers the Pirate League where you can be transformed into a Pirate, or when we were there we saw alot of buzz lightyears and woody's walking around. Same thing, you can bring a costume from home. Our rule on costumes is we wear them in the evening. That way its not too hot in the daytime. But trust me I saw plenty of little princesses and super heros all day!





2nd thing) pillow case dresses! If you are from the south I am sure you have heard of pillowcase dresses. These are light weight and perfect for Disney. Aubrie Kate wore one last year
and they both have 2 each this year. The dresses are easy to stay cool in and come in so many styles! I have ordered 2 from this lady for our trip this summer!


3) Shorts & Tshirts. The thing I love about disney is that in most restaurants (with the exception of maybe 5) you can go eat breakfast/lunch/dinner in your "park clothes". Walmart & Target both carry licesned Disney wear. But if you prefer to wear everyday clothes I highly suggest comfy shorts (cotton or athletic material) and loose fitting shirts. Madyson and Aubrie Kate wore these super cute outfits I picked up at Target for less than $8 an outfit!



If you are a Type A person like me you are probably wondering how much should you pack? Well last year we went from July 5-12. I took 2 outfits per day for the girls plus 2 extras just in case. We came home with 5 outfits that were not worn...3 of madyson's and 2 of aubrie's. This was mainly because Aubrie is a messy eater and doesn't like to be dirty.


Shoes! such a debate!

If you child is a walker the shoes you wear really depends on your child. Madyson is a huge fan of the Keds Daphne Shoe. (white leather tstrap) she loves these but HATES to wear socks so she wore sandles most days. I just made sure they were leather sandles, not plastic. Aubrie wore leather sandles as well. I tried her in crocs but she was not excited about having them on. and pitched the 1 tantrum of the day
Disney Shirts! We have one picture that a PhotoPass Photographer took of our family infront of Cinderella's Castle wearing all disney character ringer tees. I purchased these off of the disney outlet store website for 4.99 and 5.99!
We all know this is a silly blog and it doesn't matter what you wear, just as long as you have fun doing Disney with your friends! But I had to share this information incase there was any more photo scared people out there that went to Disney in swimsuit tops and high waisted shorts!
I hope if you are like me you did enjoy this! I promise next time will be the Disney book!

No comments:

Post a Comment